"Working, learning and playing together to achieve excellence and enjoyment within a Christian community."
"... staff and governors are reflective and check the implementation and impact of actions accurately. Consequently, you have a purposeful and collegiate approach to ensuring that all pupils achieve the best they can.
Pupils enjoy learning in a calm, caring and well-ordered learning environment. They concentrate well in lessons and staff pay careful attention to their individual needs."
Ofsted December 2016
The school was opened in 1925 and has served Kirkburton village and the community up to the present day. It is a small stone built school set in spacious grounds, including a field and wooded areas.
The school has six classes, one for each year group. In 2000 the school was extended in order to create an additional classroom for our reception children followed by a further extension in 2016.
September 2016 saw the start of a new and exciting time at Kirkburton First School. The builders finally completed our long awaited extension. Many thanks to all those who contributed to the £30,000 we had to raise!
We have done it!
The extension is finished and looks amazing!
Everyone at Kirkburton First School is delighted with the finished product.
We celebrated the extension by officially opening it in a ceremony attended by lots of people who have helped us during our journey.
The ceremony culminated in the unveiling of our Legacy Wall. Jane Brier, our longest serving member of staff unveiled it along with the oldest and youngest children in the school.
Richard Noake, the Diocesan Director of Education, kindly cut the ribbon and finally opened the doors to our long awaited new classrooms.